- Locating Surrogates
With more than 800 surrogates in our database, SM friends, relatives meet us to register as surrogates. Our stringent selection process causes only a small percentage of these women to join our program. When it is about you and your baby, we do not compromise.
- Screening Surrogates
- Documentation:SM has to provide all original documents related to their name, age, address, marital status, husband name, bank account, gestational parity, children, etc. Simultaneous background check will be performed for SM.
- Medical:SM undergoes investigations (surrogate screening tests) as advised, to rule-in for our surrogacy program. At SurrogacyIndia, we also do Hysteroscopy, ECG, X ray chest. Fertility expert will evaluate the hormonal status, pelvic condition, etc. Medical counseling is done explaining the expected and unexpected complications of pregnancy. A mock cycle is usually performed on surrogate to see the endometrial growth post stimulation.
- Legal:The lawyer personally explains the rights over the child, obligations under the contract, repercussions of failing to meet any clause, in language she and her husband best understands. The agreement is signed in two languages, English and Marathi / Hindi, for her understanding.
- Financial:The financial team explains the financial terms, payment schedule, incentive payables, obligations, if any. We ensure the financial arrangement is explained to her satisfaction and signed off in a manner satisfying to both parties. Please note all payments are made by cross cheques and only on Surrogate Mothers name.
- Psychological: The Surrogate mothers undergo psychological evaluation from the psychologist to understand her mental preparation, commitment to program, any past traumas associated.
- Between the ages of 21-35 years. At SI, we usually limit them to below 30 years.
- Is willing to undergo physical, medical and psychological evaluation and tests. At SI, we repeat all tests for both SM and her husband, including hysteroscopy for SM.
- Having a sincere desire to help infertile couple achieve parenthood. At SI, SM undergo psychological evaluation
- Has experienced the joy of having her own child. At SI, we limit Surrogates who have less than 2 previous children.
- Is aware of the hazards of addiction (smoking / tobacco / alcohol) on pregnancy and the baby. At SI, we do dental evaluation to confirm any drug / tobacco abuse
- Preferably has delivered more than 2 years before.
- Compliant to sign all documents pertaining to relinquishing her rights over the child. At SI, we ask our Lawyer to counsel SM in the language she understands
- Nutrition and Medications
We procure the medications, give them under supervision and also ensure that their daily needs are met with. Our dietician on board, supervises the daily food and advises what is best for SM.
- Bonding with Surrogate
We strongly believe in bonding. We encourage skype video calls, as frequently as you wish. Updating your cloud storage with surrogate mother growing belly photos. We take pictures while she opens the gifts sent by you. During agreement signing and post delivery, we encourage you to meet her, and spend quality time with her.
- Yoga, meditation and other activities
Our Yoga teacher spends time with each surrogate every week teaching exercices for pregnancy and healthy mind. During rest hours, we train them activities like knitting, crocia work, or putting Mehndi (henna) on our parents hands. See Surrogate pics
- Stay, clinic, and Transport
SM (and her family) are usually provided with special accommodation and a maid for daily routines during her stay. If required, we admit the surrogates in our two clinics for observation and care, equipped with delivery room. Also in sensitive cases, we shift them to the delivering hospital for closer monitoring. The surrogate during pregnancy is also made to always travel only with private transport. There is also a standby ambulance for emergency cases, 24 hours.
- Continuous monitoring (antenatal care)
Our staff will continuously monitor the surrogates medically and also at the accommodation provided by us close to the hospital where they will be registered. Also please read more about antenatal care.