This is only a skeletal plan to understand how you (intended mother) will undergo stimulation. A detailed plan will be sent to you once you enroll. Click here for Demo Stimulation Chart
BCP: BIRTH CONTROL PILLS PLANNING
Birth Control Pills (BCP) are usually taken for a minimum of 21 days or maximum 40 days. You will be advised on when to start and when to stop the BCP. Once BCP is stopped, expect your menses in the next 3-5 days. The first day of menses is usually taken as Day 1 of the cycle.
DAY 1: STARTING THE CYCLE
- You need to do a Pelvic Scan to visualise the ovaries, and have antral follicular count.
- You will also need blood work for serum E2 (Estradiol) levels.
- Start stimulation as per the advise given (stimulation chart) on day 1 or latest by day 2, but only after scan and blood tests are done.
DAY 1 to 5: STIMULATION
- Continue the same medications daily from Day 1 to Day 5 everyday or as advised.
DAY 6: ARRIVAL TO MUMBAI
- Arrive in Mumbai, latest by day 6 (unless you are already in India from day 1).
- Visit to SI office for first consultation with the SI doctors.
- Scan to evaluate the ovarian response along with E2 levels, depending on which the medication dosage may be altered.
- Continue medication as advised. Infectious screening and other blood work for both partners.
Day 7: ANESTHESIA FITNESS
- The egg pick up procedure is done under short general anesthesia, the anesthetist needs to evaluate you and your blood work to see that you are fit for the procedure
- The anesthesia fitness evaluation is usually done along with one of your scan visit
- One of our team members will be present to assist, during the process
DAY 7/8: SEMEN FREEZING
- Semen Freezing is usually done with one of your wife’s visit to the hospital
- Usually done between 1 pm-3 pm. You need to be at the hospital for a minimum of 1 hour, depending on the patient load on that day, you would by turn go for semen collection
- You would be given a sterile jar on which you would need to write your name
- Once the sample is collected, you are requested to leave the jar in the room. It will be collected by the lab assistant
- This sample will be frozen as a backup. In cases you are unable to give backup semen before the egg pick up, the sample will be collected after the egg pick up, may be on embryo transfer day.
DAY 8: REPEAT SCAN
- Follicles grow at a rate of approximately 2mm per day
- Thus they need to be monitored every two – three days to see the growth
- The follicles are usually considered mature and ready for retrieval once the size of the leading follicle has reached 18-20mm
- This is usually achieved by day 11 of stimulation (+/-1/2 days)
DAY 9 – 10: REST DAYS
DAY 11: TRIGGER SHOT
- This is the medication which causes the final maturation and release of the eggs inside the follicles
- The egg retrieval is scheduled between 34-36 hours post the trigger shot
- We will personally call you and let you know the time when to take the trigger
DAY 12: REST DAY
DAY 13: EGG RETRIEVAL
- You will be required to get admitted in the morning 8 am. Our cab and SI team member will be with you for admission. You do not have to worry about anything. It is a Day care admission
- The procedure is done in the IVF operation theater, located on the 2nd floor of the hospital
- It is done under short general anesthesia, vaginally under ultrasound guidance
- The procedure lasts for 10-15 mins. However you may be in the operation theater for a total of 20-25 mins. This is due to the pre operative and post operative measures
- Once the procedure is done, you are wheeled back to your room, where you are requested to rest for 3-4 hours
- The discharge from the hospital takes place between 4 and 6pm depending on how you recuperate. It will be done by Team SI and even the payments will be done by them
- On discharge you are prescribed a course of antibiotics to be taken for the next 5 days
DAY 14: REST DAY
DAY 15/16: EMBRYO TRANSFER
- The embryos are checked for fertilization and growth and you wil be updated about the same.
- You could meet the surrogate again on this day, after the agreement signing day.
- If you have any specific request about number of embryos transferred, it can be done on this day.
DAY 16: EMBRYO FREEZING
- We hope that we have good quality and quantity of embryos.
- After Embryo transfer, rest of the embryos will be frozen on this day.
- In exceptional cases, if the embryos are not good quality, we will check you, if we need to freeze them or put them for blastocyst culture.
Also read about “Cycle Plan“ and “Surrogacy Process“