At SI, IP’s have the choice to decide the month for the cycle.
SELECTING THE EGG DONOR
In case of egg donor cycle, it takes more than 2-3 months from the point of ED selection to actual egg pick up.
MEDICAL VISA (OCI / PIO)
The next big step is to get medical visa. We will assist you with all documentation to ensure that you get your medical visa in short time. The complete process is given here. If both of you are OCI / PIO, you do not need the medical visa.
CHOOSE THE SURROGATE
Once you finalize the cycle month, you can start selecting the surrogate mother. This should ideally be done 6-8 weeks before the cycle date and after procuring the medical visa.
Mother / Egg donor and surrogates menstrual cycles are synchronized by using Biphasic oral contraceptive birth control pills (BCP). Both SM and IM / ED are given proper dates of starting and stopping the BCP.
Related Link : Stimulation Cycle Plan
FINALIZING THE DATES
Once you the have the medical visa, your donor and surrogate are finalized, the cycle dates given to you will be re-confirmed. Book your tickets, hotels and you are ready to fly to India.
VISIT TO SI, INDIA
You (intended mother) will be started on hormonal treatment (Inj. Gonadotropin) to stimulate your ovaries lasting 11-13 days under medical supervision. You can start the stimulation in your country and be here latest by day 6 of stimulation, if you are able to procure the medications in your country. Your stay in India will then be minimised to 8-10 days. In case, you need / prefer to take all medications in India, your stay will be for around 18 days in India. You will need to be in India on day 1 of your menstrual cycle.
In case of Egg Donor: You are expected to be in Mumbai atleast 3-4 days prior to the egg retrieval and another 2 days for embryo transfer. In case of Donor cycles, it is mandatory that both the partners travel together on medical visa as per the laws. See Indian Egg Donor Profiles.
- We would try and organize your first visit at our office, when it is most convenient to you on your arrival.
- Please find the list of the documents that you need to carry with you. Click here.
- As per the Hospital’s requirements, we will have to repeat few tests in India. We thus may get few of your blood (Infectious screening tests) done today. This will be carried out at our office or at our associate clinic.
- There will be two semen samples required during the program. First semen sample is taken ideally 3-4 days before egg pick up, for back up. If the husband is very nervous and not able to produce semen sample on the egg pick up day, the backup can be used. Alternatively, it will be kept as back up semen sample for any other attempt.
- Another sample will be required on the day of the Egg Pick Up. Fresh sample will be used for fertilization of the eggs.
- Please note there has to be 2-4 days abstinence only before any semen sample is given.
- In case you both are visiting Mumbai not during a fresh egg pick up, you may leave two semen samples, both of which will be frozen.
IVF / ICSI LAB
- The IVF Centre is situated on the Second floor of the Hospital.
- Bring all your (husband and wife) medical reports. Team SI will assist you to register at the hospital.
- You will need to undergo few blood tests (primarily Infectious screening) in the Hospital, if not performed earlier.
- Cafeteria is situated on the ground and 9th (preferable) floor. Outside food is not allowed in the hospital.
- Ideally most of your scans will be performed at the hospital.
- It is advisable to wear skirts for Vaginal USG (Sonograms), than trousers for ease.
- Travel time is about 15 minutes from our office. Our logistics team (UBQT) will arrange your visit to the clinic.
SURROGATE MEETING; AGREEMENT DAY
- For the Legal Contract to be signed between the Surrogate and the IP, we need you to visit our office.
- You will also get to meet the Surrogate Mother and her husband during agreement signing.
- If you have any gifts for your Surrogate, bring them with you on this day. In case you wish to have some thoughts about the gifts (a very frequently asked question), we would suggest you to consider the following options: Some Imitation jewelery, body lotions, cosmetics, etc. Chocolates, cars, games for the kids. We request you to never give cash, gold or any expensive gifts to the surrogate. Also do not bring hi-tech stuff as the families are poor they may not be able to use them for long.
- You could also bring your camera, so that you can get some photos together with the Surrogate.
- The SM will be nicely dressed at this appointment for this once in a life time occasion.
- The lawyer will be present and the agreement will be signed in presence of all parties.
EGG PICK UP DAY
- The Intended Mother (Egg Donor) is required to reach the hospital by 8.00 am for admission. You should be accompanied with your husband or partner. In case you are using an egg donor, you need to be in the hospital at around 1000 – 1100 hours to provide the semen sample. We will also let you know about the follicle and egg status during that time.
- In case of self cycles, our logistics team (UBQT), will pick you up from your hotel at around 07.30 am.
- One of our staff will be present to help you through the registration and admission. All the payments will be done by SI.
- Bring all your medical reports file with you (SI file).
- Please bring photo-copy of visa and photo page of passport at the time of admission.
- Patient (wife) should be NBM after 10 pm India time, the previous night (fasting from previous day of admission as per instruction given by doctor).
- Carry a change of clothes, as it may help you if you need. Try and keep your bag light, and do not bring any expensive items.
- You (IM) will be kept in hospital for more than 5-6 hours post Egg Pick up for observation. You will be admitted straight in IVF department for Egg Pick up and semen sample.
- If required, post egg pick up, if you need to get admitted to the single room in the hospital, we can arrange that.
- You (IM) will be discharged in the evening (around 4-6 pm). It can take more than an hour for the billing. You will not be discharged until certain clinical findings are noted (eg: you have to pass urine).
- The car will drop you back to hotel.
- Team SI will be with you every step and will meet you for admission, post egg pick up, during discharge and while your drop off.
POST OVUM PICK-UP
- Post pick up, you are requested to drink plenty of water, about 4-5 liters a day.
- Kindly have complete rest at hotel and preferably next day too. No alcoholic drinks, or extensive traveling to be done.
- Please take all your medications properly on time as per doctor’s instructions.
- In case of any ill-health, please call the doctor immediately.
CARE IN THE FLIGHT
- You are all set to fly back to your home now. If you have had egg pick up yourself (intended mother), it is important that you take care of yourself.
- You need to drink a lot of fluids. Water is best. Drink atleast 4-5 liters everyday.
- While in the flight, please walk around every 30 mins to increase blood flow in the legs. Try and wear long stockings and press your feet against the floor to help the blood flow.
The protocol will be provided to you, as soon as the cycle dates and surrogate mother is finalized. The dosage and the drug type will depend on the age of IP and Hormonal (FSH, LH and AMH) levels. Find a demo stimulation plan here.